Monday, July 16, 2012

Sunrise

I had a restless night last night. Summer's heat has fully set in, and it made the tent I was sleeping in more like a sauna than I could stand. I'm not built for heat (despite my affinity for fire's creative kiss). I spent the holiday weekend wining and dining with some of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure of coming to know (Thanks for a fantastic weekend Colin and Marie!). I think a portion of my  restlessness came from having to bid farewell, for now, to some of these folks, but all of that sleeplessness was set to right by watching the sun rise.
  

How I wish I could get colors like those in my glazes. 


I'm very happy with the way this large serving bowl came out of the kiln. 


Every day should start like this, but perhaps with a touch more actual sleep beforehand. 

Hopefully I will have a little studio time this week, but if I'm being honest with myself there is little likeliness of that becoming a reality. Have a good week everyone. We'll see you on Thursday. 



2 comments:

  1. I watched that same sunrise from Ohki Beach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it the best?! How many surfers were already in the water? I counted 4 as the sun was still cresting on the horizon.

      Delete