Thursday, April 12, 2012

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming

The mountains are bursting into vibrant greens after yesterday's Spring storm, and the remnants of cherry blossums are a pleasant change to the debris that typically clogs the gutters just after a rain. I'm sorry to have gone AWOL on ya'll, but I've been playing the cherie tour guide for my mother and the father for the past two weeks. If you'd like to hear about our travels in more detail feel free to hop on over to my other blog (some time next week once I write about our trip). It's about my travels here in lovely Japan land (  thedailybfg  ). Now that that little explanation and shamless self advertising is over and done with, let's get to the meat of the days ceramic meal.


My parents, crafts-people as they are, share my love for hand made things, and my mother esspeically has an affinity for pottery. We saw, and even procured a few, beautiful pieces on our travels. The reason I share these pieces with you, my internet darlings, is primarily to show just a handful of examples of the types of work I am exposed to every day. The constant reminders that there is a world of unknown potential and skill before me in this field. So enjoy the little mini tour of work, and hopefully we'll be fully back to normal this time next week.


Bizen-Yaki

Odo-yaki
Odo-yaki


Odo-yaki 
(currently unknown location, but supposedly 200 years old)

Nagasaki local artist 
Nagasaki local aftist


currently unknown 

Oh yeah! Before I sign off here . . . Tabe Sensei was recontracted at Susaki High School! So raise up your glasses and give us a song! All of the worries are gone. Another year with a great friend and many many more chances to continue making my pots.

Can't wait to get back in the studio.

Bizen-yaki frog
See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment