Sunday, October 21, 2012

The System is Down

O'hisashiburi friends and mudd enthusiasts. The nights are beginning to develop that real Autum chill, and the persimons have come into season (they are my favorite of Japanese seasonal fruits so every Fall I gobble as many as I can, while I can). I have been busy, as always, BUT the difference being my time management / or multi tasking skills seem to have lessoned since this time last year. Finding time to actually write these lovely posts, or remembering to bring my camera to school, has been . . . spotty at best. Thustly this is the first of my attempts at 2 posts in 1 day. WHAT! you may say? You read it right folks. Consider it my way of saying I'm sorry for my deplorable postings of the past weeks. There's much to cover but we'll start where I left off. Two Fridays ago I loaded up the kiln with two shelves of work, and quite a bit of student's work as well. Everyone's been excited to see how their work will bisque, but t'was not meant to be. Late Saturday night I got a message from Tabe Sensei saying that she went to check on the firing and found the kiln flashing a message that it could not fire because the cooling system was non functional. So, we're on hold here at the home front. The estimated time for the repair is about 2 weeks. Until then I'll have to keep my hands busy with cleaning the messy studio and managing the ever swelling mound of reclaim clay (seriously that bucket never empties!).
If you are a frequent checker of this blog I have a request for you! So, I majored in English in College, and love to read. Being carried away or challenged by a good book is one fo the greatest ways to relax. Unfortunately, I've not found inspiration in a book in about 2 months. So, dear readers, leave a friendly comment suggesting a book that's really entangled you in its pages recently. Sure I could look at best sellers, or any of the other interweb resources vailable to me to find books, but I find this path a tad more interesting. Suggest away, and I'll be doing better hence forth at managing my multided of tasks and loves. See you on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment